1915 Harley Davidson V-Twin and Sidecar (SELLING WITH A RESERVE) (10% Buyer’s Premium Applies)
From 1903, when the very first Harley Davidson rolled out of the wooden shed in Milwaukee, Bill Harley and the Davidson brothers relied on a flat belt drive design to power their new line of motorcycles. Twelve years later, in 1915 Harley Davidson introduced their very first independent three speed gear box, which was a huge leap in technology and was the very first of what has become the standard of the industry. In today’s world, the 1915 V-Twin Harley is an absolute milestone and a must have for any museum or avid collector. This very nice example is part of the Ernie Harmon collection and sports a factory sidecar and a very early repaint on the motorcycle and a possible original paint on the sidecar. The motor cases were swapped out early on with a set from 1917 due to possible damage to the original set or for another unknown reason. This motorcycle was acquired by Ernie many decades ago and was ridden on many pre 1916 and AMCA runs throughout the years.